Wednesday, June 10, 2009

VA Medical

I have been dealing with the Government Medical Community for over 15 years now. While I was Active duty military the attitude towards me was give him some pills and let him get back to work. After hearing a doctor say, "Holy shit, I have seen 70 year olds with better looking Back MRI's." and, "if your back keeps going like this you will be in a wheel chair before you are 40." The US Military decided that I was never going to be fit for duty again. With this they decided to discharge me for Medical Reasons. I was labled disabled.
In 2002 I started my civilian life again. However, I realized the disability check would never come because I needed to file a claim with the Veterans Administration.
After a couple of lost paperwork, and a lot of assistance from the Disabled American Veterans, I received my Disability Rating from the VA in 2008. Yes, 6 years later!!! The good news was the did say I was Service Connected Disabled. The bad news... They rated me at 0%. Of course the first thing I said was, "Give me my Uniform back!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment